Job DescriptionManufacturing Services Engineer (Assembly & Test)
Why Rolls-Royce?An exciting opportunity has arisen the Assembly and Test Department of Rolls Royce for a Manufacturing Services Manager to look after the Company’s Assets and drive operational efficiency. The role will report into the Manufacturing Services Manager.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we’re putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we’re keeping the world flying.
Join us and we’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
We promote and support flexible working arrangements wherever possible - so you can always be at your best. If our proposed working pattern doesn’t meet your needs, about how we can support you.
What you will be doing:You will provide support to the Manufacturing Services Leader to ensure the organisation’s objectives and goals are delivered. Take responsibility for coordinating, at plant or cell level, the Manufacturing Services organisations service lines, ensuring that all aspects of external Service Provider partnerships are delivered and monitored in line with business requirements.
- Work closely with the designated Manufacturing Services Leader in order to deliver the Manufacturing Services objectives providing data analysis and identifying opportunities to improve performance
- Coordinate designated aspects of external Service Provider partnerships delivered by Manufacturing Services, in line with business requirements and company standards.
- Support implementation of the company Health & Safety Standards
- Develop framework contracts and Service Level Agreements for external Service Providers.
- Take the lead for Fixture Care
- Direct all aspects of the partnership with the Material Revert Service Provider at cell and plant level, measuring and monitoring performance against implemented Service Level Agreements.
- Develop and implement Energy Management plans, strategies and initiatives for Manufacturing Services at cell and plant level.
- Manage the Calibration requirements of the business and oversee the Calibration Service Provider monitoring performance against implemented Service Level Agreements.
- Administer the business requirements for Engineering Inspections.
- Interface with the Fluid Management Service Provider at cell and plant level ensuring that the required service levels are achieved
- In conjunction with the business Risk Manager and Manufacturing Services Leader manage the Property Risk improvement plans.
- Be the business's interface for Group Property's Integrated Facilities Supplier monitoring their performance against identified business requirements.
- Liaise with other Manufacturing Services Engineers within the company , in order to deliver objectives and goals across the whole of Manufacturing Services.
- Understand the IT systems we use to drive our manufacturing services activities. Competent in the use of the tools to manage Manufacturing Service accountabilities. Can communicate using Digital tools.
What we’re looking for:Being a part of Rolls-Royce you’ll know we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- Experience in functional support groups
- A proven track record delivering business results
- A good track record of negotiation and cooperation with external Service Providers.
- Experience of managing and coordinating external Service Providers.
Join us & Power our future
Pioneers of powerWe are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at
Closing Date: Midnight 7th December 2022