Position: Trainee Customs Process Administrator
Location: Linz - AustriaJoin a global leader as we embark on an industry-defining digital transformation that will revolutionize trade. You’ll play a vital part in our success, managing our customers’ experience, and building the experience to advance your career.
We offerWe’re on a landmark journey to simplify global trade. It brings the chance to have a major impact on the world economy, but also, on your career development.
Energizing and pioneering, this is an environment that keeps you motivated. You’ll be joining a genuinely diverse, talented team that’s passionate about being there for customers and for each other. And thanks to our global scale, you’ll be well-placed to explore Maersk opportunities around the world. The many other highlights include industry-leading talent development initiatives and competitive benefits: our parental leave policy is recognized as one of the best in the industry.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job. We value diversity in all its forms, including – but not limited to – gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Trainee Customs Process AdministratorThe Trainee Customs Process Administrator (CPA) is an entrance role into the CPA and customs service function. The role consists of minimum 6 months training and practice to enable the employee to then step into a more independent role as a Jr CPA.
A Trainee CPA will be trained in a team and learn how to coordinate and organise the full range of customs services, starting with order acceptance, registering the order, collecting all relevant documents until the release of goods and customs clearance.
A Trainee CPA will receive extensive internal and/or external training as well as an online training for customs legislation and foreign trade, as well as daily support.
Reporting line:Reporting to Customs Department Manager
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Be engaged to Learn and be able to do Import & Export declarations and Transit Movements, issue customs certificates, controlling email account, management and storage of documents.
- Be engaged to learn the basic understanding of timely and accurate delivery of all financial activities relevant to Customs Services.
- Ensure that work carried out complies with standard as defined in the operating Manuals.
- Engage to learn a basic understanding of the local authorities/statutory requirements and how to meet these.
- To be an active team member who will exchange knowledge and expertise.
- To ensure training is completed to allow you basic understanding to cover most accounts in the team.
- To engender team spirit and staff engagement.
Key Success Indicators:
- Show engagement to learn customer requirements are met or exceeded (Internal & External)
- Show engagement to learn statutory requirements met or exceeded
- Show engagement to meet deadlines
Knowledge/ Skills requiredTechnical Skills:
- Beginners understanding of Local Customs Authorities knowledge to include classification, reclaims, websites
- Relevant Customs Systems
- Other Government systems and applications (Port Health, DEFRA etc)
- Outlook and/ or APM Web Mail
- Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PPT, Teams, SharePoint
- Quality Education System
- Ability to Update and View data within Maersk and brand systems to include but not Limited to: MODS, Maersk Reporting, Kewill, FACT, GCSS
- Customs Services modules
- My Learning
- IT Service Desk
- Strong customer-facing and interaction skills with high-level of customer orientation
- Team engagement and support
- The ability to work under pressure to deadline
- Support and live company values
- Attention to detail
Learning description of the role:
- To participate in world class VAS operations department
- Local Customs Authorities processes
- Compliance with all Government Department and Customs statutory regulations and practices.
- Understand and implement Best Practice and Continuous Improvement
- Customs Online Training Module
- Key Customers
- Internal Stakeholders
- Preferred Suppliers
- Senior Customs Implementation & Project Analyst
- Senior Customs Coordinators
- Customs Manager
- Senior Customs Manager
- Customs Compliance & Training Team
- Head of Customs
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify our customers’ supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, we operate in 130 countries and employ roughly 70,000 people. With a simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, we enable our customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world.
If you are interested to know more about this Opportunity please apply directly.
We are looking forward to getting in touch with you!