Maersk’s Warehousing & Distribution Procurement organization in North America is looking for an ambitious individual to strengthen our team. We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of Maersk’s strategy and business drivers—experience in operations and procurement is an advantage when applying. Awareness of business cost drivers and customer experience will be highly valued in the selection process as well.
Our employees represent a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experiences, and nationalities – most important to your success at Maersk Line are your personal skills and growth mindset. You must thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment, be able to work independently with limited guidance, and have strong quantitative and interpersonal skills.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (MBA, or similar, is a plus)
- 1-3 years of operations or procurement experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit and operational agility are a must
- Proven ability to learn quickly and have a growth mindset
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrated history of strong analytical skills with experience in Excel
- Experience integrating and standardizing varying processes to optimize procurement functions
- Prior experience or knowledge in truck maintenance including standard repair times and asset life-cycle management
- The ability to manage stakeholders in operations, finance, commercial and corporate
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and tracking all asset maintenance activity within Maersk’s Warehousing & Distribution Business Unit (warehouses, depots, cold chain)
- Serve as the liaison between Operations and the maintenance vendors for all 140+ WND locations and maximize asset uptime while simultaneously minimizing maintenance related costs.
- Manage the Basic Inspection of Terminals (BIT) Process for all CA Assets including vendor coordination and vendor completion—Every 90 days for each asset
- Manage the Federal Annual Inspection Process for all assets outside of CA including vendor coordination and vendor completion—Every 12 months for each asset
- Assure 100% Compliance for all required DOT inspections
- Coordinate and oversee any California Highway Patrol (CHP) Audit Inspections scheduled for the calendar year and provide required documents on behalf of Maersk Warehouse & Distribution (WnD)
- Assure all WnD entities are compliant with their California Air Regulation Board (CARB) reporting including the Truck and Bus Rule, TRUCRS and DOORS
- Manage vendor partnerships and provide feedback on vendor performance that can be used to evaluate service levels.
- Responsible for reviewing, investigating, and responding to all company citations for moving violations
- Assist in developing partnerships with new vendors in new markets as needed.
- Support Maersk’s Sustainability Goals by partnering with vendors on decarbonization initiatives wherever and whenever possible.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues and stakeholders in North America and within Maersk with Product Teams including, Operations, Finance, Commercial and other regions in Maersk.
- Assist in the development of asset maintenance frameworks and processes and assure all vendor partners conduct business per the Maersk Responsible Procurement Clause.
What is in it for you?Working at Maersk will provide you with new and exciting possibilities for personal and professional development. You will join a Company that has incredible ambitions and seeks to be the global integrator of container logistics by connecting and simplifying customers’ supply chains. You will be part of culture of diversity, innovation, empowerment, and customer-centricity where new ideas are always welcome and encouraged!
As part of the Logistics & Services team you will enjoy support from colleagues and management who possess extensive experience in sourcing, cost management and supply chain and logistics. You will collaborate with many different stakeholders in procurement, operations, finance, and sales, all with the same vision and goal: To improve life for all by integrating the world.
Notice to applicants applying to positions in the United States
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Maersk Line, Limited is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who are applying for positions in the U.S. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Maersk Line, Limited in the U.S. and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please contact the applicable Human Resources Department by calling 757.963.8800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by case basis pursuant to an interactive dialogue between the applicant and the Company.
Pay Transparency Notice: