Component / Sub-System / System Dynamics EngineerIndianapolis, IN
The Dynamics Engineer supports the Design function by undertaking analysis of the proposed designs to ensure that they are robust and that they meet requirements. The Dynamics Engineer also makes recommendations to optimize the design and applies Robust Engineering (Design for Process Excellence) principles.
Innovate & Power the worldAn exciting opportunity to have an impact on design and innovation and be a point of contact to share subject-matter expertise across the function.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of dollars’ worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialization, we also offer freedom to cross-specialize and develop skills across a number of different areas.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. You can learn more .
- To conduct Structure Mechanical Design and Analysis - this includes selection and generation as well as involvement in further development of numerical models, use of numeral calculation methods, developing of interdisciplinary agreed boundary conditions and implementation into own models as well as into models of other disciplines (e.g. performance), plausibility check of boundary conditions, execution and analysis of numerical model calculations, understanding calculations as well as derive suggestion for improvements.
- To conduct Structure Mechanical experiments - this includes preparation of experiment specification for tests on test rigs and engines, supervision and support of experiments, plausibility check of results during the execution of the test, analysis and interpretation of test results and comparison with analytical and/or empirical models.
- To resolve problems through evaluative judgements - Analyses factual information from multiple sources, interprets results and identifies effective solutions by applying their own technical knowledge, expertise and engineering judgement.
- Is responsible for defined technical packages/investigations of work providing delivery against programme milestones within agreed cost, timescale and quality requirements.
- To be a point of contact within a given engineering discipline and to share subject matter knowledge across the function - this may include providing advisory services to designated customers, influencing their peer group, representing senior departmental staff and acting as advisor/coach on matters where they are technically authoritative.
- To understand company business and function objectives and ensure that the work they do supports this, always acting in accordance with both the company values and those associated with being a professional engineer.
- Bachelor`s degree in Engineering, with 2+ experience in component dynamics, system dynamics and/or engine design OR;
- A Master`s degree in Engineering OR;
- A PhD in Engineering,
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- Strong technical knowledge in mechanical design methodologies and have an understanding of cross-discipline engineering concepts which include but are not limited to manufacturing engineering, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, thermal and mechanical analysis, cost engineering and product definition.
- An ability to apply logical, analytical and innovative thinking on a range of technical problems and make balanced decisions across technical and business parameters
- Knowledge and experience of product integrity / liability and certification frameworks
Pioneerthe next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
Our People are Our PowerWe are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy .
At Rolls-Royce we embrace workplace flexibility. Our teams work in onsite, hybrid and remote work environments based on work and personal requirements. The specific arrangements vary from team to team. Please ask us about how we work on this team.
Relocation assistance will be provided if applicable.
Closing date: October 8th 2022