Controls EngineerFull time
Bristol / HybridWhy Rolls-Royce?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Rolls Royce as a Controls Engineer. You will produce software design specifications and subsequently implement the software designs for use in Automation & Autonomy products that are installed on a range of naval vessels worldwide.
We’re at the forefront of innovation and experience in the marine sector from standalone products to complex integrated systems. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
Work with us and we’ll welcome you into an inclusive culture, one that invests in your continuous learning and development, and gives you access to a wide breadth and depth of experience.
Rolls-Royce Defence’s Electrical, Automation and Control business provides a broad range of electrical and automation products and services to global navies, covering both original equipment sales and aftermarket. Rolls-Royce’s Integrated Platform Management Systems (IPMS) is found on a number of Royal Navy platforms, including frigates and minor warships, and other navies in Europe and Asia. We are seeking to recruit Naval Control System Engineers who are familiar with Automation Systems in order to support growth opportunities.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are, so we encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best - wherever and whenever you work.
What you will be doingYou will derive and manage requirements for a software based application. You will also:
- Produce Software Design Specifications
- Produce Software Test Specifications
- Create, modify, review and test application code
- Provide the cost effective engineering solutions to obsolescence issues within the controls domain
Who we are looking forAt Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, in a relevant engineering subject, e.g. Systems Engineering, Control, Software Engineering etc.
- Experience in developing fieldbus control interfaces (Modbus, Profibus etc.)
- Experience of C, C++, IsaGraf, Siemens S7, Matlab Simulink, Cameo UML, SysML or similar core, object oriented, modelling or PLC based programming languages
- Experience in developing Safety Integrity Level (SIL) software as per IEC 61508 and knowledge of marine classification regulations (DNV-GL, Lloyds, ABS)
- Installation and commissioning experience of control systems
Join us & Power our future
Pioneers of PowerWe are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at careers.rolls-royce.com
Closing date: 28th August 2022