GRADUATE STRUCTURAL ENGINEEROakland (Hybrid)
Full-Time Regular Employment
COWI is a pacesetter in sustainability as we move away from all fossil fuel projects. Our vision is ‘Together, we shape a sustainable and livable world’. Join us on the journey and be part of making a positive difference to communities for generations to come.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTSWe are looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join our global team of experts and work specialists and work under the guidance of professional engineers. Your primary task in our team is to become an effective part of a highly professional team that provides consulting, project management, and detailed engineering services on numerous projects. As a graduate-level engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and when ready, harness your potential to lead small-size projects with the appropriate level of support and guidance from Senior Specialists and Technical Advisors. These development opportunities will prepare you to successfully assume project leadership responsibilities for projects in a senior role in due course.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Prepare plans, designs, calculations, and cost estimates
- Solve engineering problems and challenges
- Prepare documents such as technical specifications along with preparing engineering reports and other technical documents
- Liaise with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects
- Conduct site inspections from time-to-time, and also perform other duties as required.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To do well in this position, we believe that you should be able to work with a reasonable degree of independence with appropriate support from project managers and engineering leads. You will be part of a team located locally and remotely and require strong written and verbal communication skills to be effective. You'll also pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve while respecting our clients, your colleagues, the local community, and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a master's degree in Structural Engineering or higher and either be a registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or be willing to obtain an EIT and subsequent a PE, with 0 to 4 years of relevant experience
- Actively participate in professional associations and be able and willing to learn
- Have strong attention to detail along with good judgment and decision-making skills
- Possess superior planning and organizational skills combined with the ability to work under pressure on multiple deadlines
- Be familiar with various structural analysis software programs together with being proficient with the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
WHY WORK FOR COWIBeing part of the COWI community offers more than just a competitive salary. We take care of our people both professionally and personally.
Some of our benefits include:
Flexible working conditions | Top up parental and childbirth recovery leave | Fantastic close-knit team with a wealth of knowledge to share | Floating holiday to celebrate employee diversity | Annual Fitness spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, yoga, or gym membership | 401K contribution matching with generous company match | Personal and professional development fund | Parking or public transit allowance | Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 80% employer-paid premiums | STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance | Frequent social events
COWI'S TEAM IN NORTH AMERICATogether with customers, partners, and colleagues, we shape a future where people and societies grow and flourish. We do that by co-creating sustainable and beautiful solutions that improve the quality of life for people today and many generations ahead.
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a growing international consulting group. As a member of the North American team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including bridge, marine, offshore wind and tunnels. We pride ourselves on delivering for our clients and the communities we serve.
Living up to our core values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners, and colleagues to connect people and places to create better solutions. We respect our environment and focus on assisting local communities thrive by creating opportunities. We are curious and forward-thinking as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, We Care.
For further details please visit our website