Job TitleSoftware Technologist I
Job DescriptionPhilips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5-7 years Experience developing interfaces on Rhapsody
- Designs, develops, tests, implements, and maintains interfaces
- Participates in support and on-call activities.
- Participate and lead integration projects by analyzing vendor specs, developing interfaces, and troubleshoot any issues
- Knowledge and a general understanding of CCD, CCDA, C#,
- Good experience with healthcare EDI/HIE, HL7 and FHIR interoperability standards and clinical workflows
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- Work experience with XML, SOAP, JSON and REST technologies
- Experience working with SQL database
- Work experience with integration of systems such as Hospital EMR, PACS, Modalities
- Performs source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines
- Experience working directly with engineers to design and iterate on highly complex, technical solutions
- Develop HL7 Real Time interfaces in alignment to the business and technical requirements
- Collaborates with application and project team(s) to define design and unit testing scenarios and scripts in alignment with business and system requirements
- Researches and recommends appropriate integration development best practices, and tools
- Knowledge of Computer Networks in Windows/Cloud environment
In return, we offer youDescribe in two to three lines what tangible and intangible benefits the incumbent will gain in this role. Use our Employer Value Proposition (EVP) themes and information gathered in the RSM as input sources.
How we work at PhilipsOur newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.