Job TitleSoftware Engineer II
Job DescriptionJob Posting Description
In this role, you will Design & Develop, platform components and applications for Patient Monitoring business category.
You are responsible for
- Assimilating the application requirement & translate them into designs and implementation.
- Defining the design approach for the applications that meet product requirements.
- Work with team across geographies to accomplish the business requirements.
- Ensure quality by writing developer level tests (unit, component, etc.)
- Implement test automation for the developed features
- Perform updates to the existing code base - as needed
- Debugging defects
- Verifying the developed code against defined quality parameters
- Drive code craftsmanship initiatives in the program.
- Working with Product Owner and Testers to ensure the quality and timeline commitment are adhered to
- Analyze and incorporate functional and non-functional requirements
- Identify and resolve technical risks through quick prototypes and agile methodologies / tools
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Excellent software design and development skills.
- 2+ years’ experience in software design & development
- Knowledge of development in Linux environment
- In depth programming and debugging experience in C++. C# would be added advantage.
- Hands on with the scripting languages like Python
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Knowledge of UML
- Experience in Test Automation is plus
- Web development experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of Privacy & Security Rules in the context of the project/product
- Experience in medical device industry or other highly regulated industry is a plus.
- Firm decision maker and shall possess good influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, quick learner, ability to work with teams.
- Software Craftsmanship mindset.
- Proactive and self-driven, possesses due sense of urgency.
- Ability to stay focused on the target in an ambiguous situation.
- Openness to collaborate in interest of project/organization.
- Technically sound; possess systems mindset and good problem-solving abilities.
- Working with multisite teams, Quality conscious and Process & customer Oriented.
- Coaching capabilities.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the on our career website, where you can read stories from our . Once there,you can also learn about our , or find answers to some of the .