Travel Required:Relocation Provided:
Job Posting End Date: Not Available
Shift:Job Description Summary:
This role is responsible for Service Delivery of Operating Expenses (Employee Cost Planning and Other OPEX) for the RTF (Report to Forecast) service line supporting Japan & South Korea Operating Unit. This role be the key contact for the opex management for the operating units within the region and will be networked with the OPEX COE within Report to Forecast (RTF) and other areas of Financial Services and People Services. This role will be supported by an extended team of managed service providers.
This role is responsible for understanding insights and information provided to the operating units, ensuring quality of the service for the specific region supported, and ensuring standards and consistency of information output for business consumption for our stakeholders in the OPEX area
KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:Prioritized Responsibilities
- Responsible for the financial planning (business plan and rolling estimates) of Operating Expenses (Employee Costs and All Other Costs) for a specific ,
- Oversees a team of (at a third-party MSP (Managed Services Provider)) who handles the financial planning activities namely --- construct of the operating expense plan/budget/forecast based upon business direction and input, financial systems administration of the plan/budget/forecast, variance analyses across relevant comparative periods, communication with various stakeholders that inform the construct of the plans/budgets/forecasts, as well as generating insights about OPEX that influence decision-making and provide some input to the risks and opportunities process.
- Maintains the primary business relationship with the OU Financial Planning and Competitive insights team for the OPEX line in the P&L, and therefore leads OPEX discussions with them.
- Reviews periodic OPEX plans/budgets/forecasts, ensuring completeness, reasonable accuracy, and relevance of information, supporting the Operating Unit in effectively monitoring and controlling their respective OPEX results.
- Manages issue escalations coming from the team or from the Operating Units, with the goal of resolving the issues reported within a reasonable timeframe.
- In close collaboration with the OPEX COE, the role provides data and process guidance to the MSP team and the Operating Units as needed to comply with standards, reporting rules, submission requirements, and timelines.
- In close collaboration with the OPEX COE, the role tracks service levels and key metrics to ensure effective performance management, and drives actions resulting from them, for the resolution of issues or process/performance improvement. Some service level commitments include:
- Timely delivery of operating expense plans/budgets/forecasts and related management reports based on agreed upon due dates as well as set submission deadlines;
- Reasonably accurate operating expense plans/budgets/forecasts and related management reports based upon business direction and input alongside fundamental financial assumptions;
- Forecast accuracy level is maintained within an agreed upon performance measure; and OPEX dashboard reports reflect relevant information and contain (but not limited to) business-related insights, trends, historical rates, ratios, comparatives, productivity points, and other details that are necessary to support key business decisions on OPEX.
- In close collaboration with the OPEX COE the role ensures adherence to SOPs (standard operating procedure) and recommends changes to improve the effectiveness of business support processes, enhancing quality, speed, and efficiency of output.
- Enforces guidelines/protocols and ensures compliance with them including data confidentiality where applicable.
- Together with the COE team, leads the implementation of necessary controls, as well as system or process changes to address service delivery gaps or issues (both within the company and with the MSP).
- Coordinates as necessary with relevant parties to action solutions delivery.
- In partnership with the MSP, identifies opportunities to globally standardize and simplify processing and reporting activities under the service scope. Leads discussions with stakeholders where needed to implement prioritized initiatives to realize said opportunities.
- Communicates primarily with senior management internal company stakeholders with regard to OPEX performance and the underlying processes and activities supporting the generation of OPEX plans/budgets/forecasts pertaining to the geographies/groups in scope. Internal company stakeholders include members of the Corporate Controller’s Group, Center Function and Operating Unit Finance Directors and respective teams, as well as Platform Services-Financial Services leadership.
- Also communicates with various senior leaders/functional leaders as needed to resolve issues pertaining to OPEX financial planning.
- Communicates with and manages an external MSP team responsible for the execution of financial planning activities.
- Communicates with peers in Global Finance and Platform Services teams to facilitate collaboration, alignment, and the optimization of processes and service delivery.
- Manages the OPEX financial planning activities pertaining to a specific OU
- Managing the OPEX financial planning activities of the above group requires an understanding of the employee/associate headcount supporting these businesses and markets, the nature and sources of operating expenses across multiple countries and across OPEX lines/accounts, foreign currency implications, risks and opportunities, as well as the financial systems (i.e., SAP GL, Hyperion, HFC, Workday, and the like) and data elements and policies that support financial reporting (i.e., profit center hierarchy, GL accounts structure/hierarchy, currency neutralization, etc.).
- To be effective in the role, this manager must be able to influence and partner with various stakeholders to align expectations, timelines, deliverables, and priorities amidst multiple demands, time pressures, and business changes.
- Requires broad knowledge of finance policies and systems as well as shared services operations and structures.
- Demonstrates strength in solving complex problems, ability to drive actions from multi-variable analyses and insights, good judgment, and decision-making competencies. Exhibits leadership and growth behaviors, is solution-oriented, and promotes an environment conducive to creative thinking, innovation, and rational risk-taking.
- Promotes standardization and simplification as well as best practice-sharing across constituencies to raise overall organizational effectiveness.
- Virtual management across cultures and time zones.
- Experience in a multinational company with a global footprint.
- Strong demonstration of business acumen, financial competency, language fluency, effective communication, systems proficiency, change adaptability, flexibility, being able to operate in ambiguous situations, people management, business partnership and collaboration, and innovation.
Skills: Agile Methodologies, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Communication, Data Modeling, Financial Forecasting, General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Leadership, Microsoft Office, Problem Solving, Project Management, Scorecards, Strategy Development