Apply now »
Sourcing Professional Indirect
Requisition ID: 24890
Portland, OR, US
Work experience: Professional
Type of position: Full-Time
The Senior Purchaser is regionally responsible for handling indirect suppliers in North America while collaborating closely with our global colleagues to procure the most up-to-date solutions for Vestas and our customers. They will influence and involve cross-functional stakeholders to deliver high-quality procurement strategies while guiding cost, quality and on-time delivery.
ResponsibilitiesResponsible for directing the business priorities to shape, define and implement the procurement strategy for the services to support Vestas Wind Turbines and Other turbine OEM's aftermarket spare parts (including but not limited to Siemens, Gamesa, GE, Suzlon Platforms).
o Labor subject matter expert in procuring contingent labor to support turbine repair, maintenance, and special projects. White-collar, safety professionals, and other support personal related to wind services site activities.
o Experience with procuring fleet (cars and trucks, equipment, cranes, blade trucks lifting devices), other equipment and facilities to support the business.
Ability to guide and represent globally initiatives for the regional procurement organization.
- Ability to coordinate RFP process from specification development, quote process, supplier selection, contract development, stakeholder management and business awards.
- Close collaboration with key local and global stakeholders including construction, sales, project management, engineering, quality, legal and supply chain to optimize scope cost engagement
o Provide weekly report out of all contract's status including future projects to align stakeholders with customer expectations
- Mentor junior Purchasers
- Ability to develop business cases with total cost of ownership financial analysis to enable decisions based on technical requirements. and make decisions based variables including best available technology at minimum required investment.
- Directly supervise new and existing regional supplier relationships and leverage internal stakeholder/category relationships to maximize global supplier partnerships
- With limited supervision supervise strategic purchasing initiatives and develop reporting materials (power point presentations, business cases, etc.)
- Build supplier market intelligence and ensure that supply base data is available to support business decisions
- Implement and handle all aspects of the supplier development, contracting and buy to pay processes, including proper risk management
- Be the primary point of escalation and resolution for scope-related supplier issues.
- Ability to promote and influence change with our Suppliers to meet Vestas business requirements.
Qualifications Education, Training, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's or Masters' degree in global supply chain management, engineering or other related business studies
- 5+ years' work experience in procurement or other related supply chain management field
- Significant experience gathering market intelligence (understanding/interest in global markets, material trends, politics, etc.)
- Significant experience building business cases or strategies (for a category, commodity, piece of the supply chain or for a business unit, etc.)
- Advanced MS Excel (minimum of pivot tables, v-look up, etc.)
- Advanced contract management experience
- Advanced negotiation experience for supplier negotiations (supervise negotiation experienced is preferred)
- Industry experience (renewables, energy, manufacturing/factory environment, etc.) is desired
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Solution-oriented, problem solver
- Cross-cultural skills (will work as part of an international team)
- Ability to prioritize in a time-sensitive setting
- High-level business knowledge (understanding of financial statements, cash flow, EBIT, inventory, etc.)
- Project management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Advanced ability to create and deliver presentations and business cases
- Ability to direct a cross-functional team
- Aptitude for construction, transport of large goods or technology (basic understanding of construction, engineering or manufacturing concepts ie. ability to read drawings or knowledge of machining, forging, casting, welding, assembly, etc.)
- Candidate needs to be self-motivated, find opportunities and have the ability to make independent decisions
- Must have strategic purchasing experience, not only operational procurement/buying.
- Ability to travel (20 - 25%)
Physical DemandsWhile performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use of hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SAP and additional software programs)
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms in English
- Ability to work flexible hours and with a variety of cultures (coordinating with various time zones)
- Ability to effectively direct a cross-functional team that may include internal, external, domestic and international stakeholders
- Ability to travel as business requires
What We OfferA collaborative, safe, fun, clean office environment. medical, dental, 401k, and ability to work remote 2-3 days per week.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Apply now »