Our teams are focusing on Deep Sector collection and distribution: Deep Sector is a huge set of data related to companies but not necessarily easily available, discoverable, connected, comparable. This can range from properties, to power plants, from mines to balance sheets and many more various datasets. The challenge, scope and versatility of this data is an adventure on its own.
Join one of our Deep Sector teams and contribute to the building of our automated and human-assisted collection tools as well as to the APIs and federation layers that drive FactSet growth through innovation.
We’re looking for passionate backend engineers with proficiency and fluency in development, deployment of software, code best practices and code libraries.
FactSet engineers demonstrate ability to criticize code and production for improvement, as well as to receive and apply feedeffectively to develop expertise on our products.
Focus is on creating new software that help increase volume of collected data with consistent quality, stability and adherence to best practices. This will allow the engineer to gain a mastery of the products to which one is contributing and begin to participate in forward design discussions for how to improve based on one’s observations of the code, systems and production involved.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, and software engineering principles.
- Ensuring that deployed products are properly maintained throughout their lifecycle
- Must be able to write simple SQL queries
- Participate in design and code reviews of multiple projects across teams
- Should be quick leaner and open to learn new things.
- Bachelor or Engineering degree required
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Strong Python skills
- Appreciated but not mandatory: C#
- Fluent English
It is great if you have:
- Database and SQL general knowledge (PostGres/Sql)
- Experience or knowledge of CI/CD concepts and Github would be appreciated
What You Can Expect When Joining FactSet’s Engineering Community:
- Support from your manager and teammates
- Open lines of communication that foster collaboration
- Mentorship from tenured Engineers
- An emphasis on continuous learning and professional development
- A good work-life balance
Why Life is Better as a FactSetter:
- FactSet looks to foster a globally inclusive culture. From leadership commitment, to employee led resource groups, FactSet has diversity, equity, and inclusion as a priority. Read more about our priorities here:
- FactSet believe giving to our communities is part of our culture. From volunteer opportunities to working with non-profit partners, you can read more about our commitments here:
- Company profits participation
- No or low-cost medical, dental and vision care
- Full and free access to LinkedIn Learning catalog
- Reimbursement for eligible expenses related to AWS certification, financials certifications (CFA, CIPM, CAIA, FRM)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flexible office work / teleworking
- And more!
At FactSet, we celebrate diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. We are committed to disrupting bias and a transparent hiring process. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. FactSet participates in E-Verify.