Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
At Snap Lab we invent the immersive (and fun!) experiences that are at the core of our Spectacles line of products. Working from our Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, or Mountain View office you will help to ensure Snaps role in a mixed reality future. From developing creative new features, to supporting the continuous growth and evolution of Spectacles, our team is working hard on our mission to bring immersive experiences to more people, places, and moments, every day.
We’re looking for an Augmented Reality Experience Engineer to join the Snap Lab team!
What you’ll do:
- Design, improve, and support reusable components and frameworks that enable immersive experiences and rapid prototyping.
- Create experiences that push the boundaries of an AR platform, clearly communicate additional requirements for improving that platform, and contribute to the implementation of those new features.
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Interact with design, interactive engineering, and product teams to shape and launch products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in one or more strongly typed object oriented languages like Kotlin, Java, C#, C++, or TypeScript
- Experience developing highly interactive experiences such as games or high-end UIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience3+ years of software development experience
- Experience as a Gameplay Engineer, Game Engine Developer, or Tools Developer in games
- Experience with Graphics programming and / or 3D development
- Experience with next-gen UI frameworks like React, Flutter, Swift UI, etc
- Exposure to Game development engines like Unity, Unreal, or Lens Studio
- Mobile development experience
- Familiarity with with RxJava, Dagger, and other Android development best practice tooling
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!