The Department of Design and Communication at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Faculty of Humanities, invites applications for a position as professor within the field of Learning and ICT. The position is placed at the Kolding campus of the University and is available from June 1 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Department of Design and Communication is a humanistic department which encompasses Design, International Business Communication, Information Studies, Tourism, Chinese and Library Science. We welcome applicants with an interdisciplinary orientation, who are prepared to participate in and develop the cross-disciplinary cooperation at the department.
The department offers bachelor and master study programs in humanistic IT and comprises corresponding research activities, particularly within designs for learning with ICT, web communication, web 2.0 and web 3.0 technologies and knowledge representation. The selected applicant is expected to strengthen the department’s profile within the area of Learning and ICT as concerns the study programs as well as the research area.
The applicant is expected to have qualifications within at least three of the following five areas:
• Designs for ICT-based learning
• Epistomology and cognitive theory
• Ethics and ICT
• Methodology and philosophy of science of the humanities and social sciences
Applicants must document
• substantial scientific and high-level research with an international reputation
• experience with research and project management
• experience with raising external funding, arranging international conferences and assessments
• a strong international network within the applicant’s research field
• strong pedagogical skills and teaching experience on all levels including supervision of PhD students
The position involves, among other tasks:
• developing the department’s profile of research and study programs within the field of ICT and learning
• teaching and supervision on all levels, particularly in subjects within the area of ICT and learning
• project management and research team leadership
• project development and application for external funding
• outreach to private companies and public institutions to strengthen SDU’s cooperation with and impact on the society
Further information is available from the Head of Department Per Krogh Hansen at phone: +45 6550 1451, email: .
Application, salary, and condition of employment etc.
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the Faculty.
As part of the overall assessment of the applicant’s qualifications, an interview may be applied.
Appointment to this position may also include teaching obligations in regard to related degree programs.
Employment shall be on the terms specified in the labour market agreement and the salary shall correspond to LR 37 (pay bracket 37) annually DKK 536.665,33 plus pension (1st April 2016 level). To this must be added a non-pension-qualifying supplement of DKK 52.935,93 (1st April 2016 level) from the executive pool.
Applications should be sent electronically via the link “apply online” at the bottom of this page.
Please note that we only accept files in pdf-format no more than 10 MB per file. We do not accept zip-files, jpg or other image files.
All pdf-files must be unlocked and allow binding and may not be password protected.
In case you have more than one file per field you need to combine the pdf-files into a single file, as each field handles only one file.
The Faculty expects applicants to read the information “How to apply” before applying.
Application and all appendices must be in Danish, English or one of the Scandinavian languages.
Only material in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and English will be assessed. Please always include a copy of original diploma/certificates.
An application must include:
Applicants for a professorship at the Faculty of Humanities are requested to submit a teaching portfolio with the application as documentation for teaching experience as well as supervision qualifications. Please read more here.
We recommend that as an international applicant you take the time to visit Working in Denmark where you will find information and facts about moving to, working and living in Denmark, as well as the International Staff Office at SDU.
If you are not a Danish speaking applicant, please make sure to enter the electronic application form via the English website in order to receive further information in English.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
03 oktober 2017 (Application deadline: 03 october 2017)