Job Description:3M DSC Software Development Engineer, Tools Engineering
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the WorldChoosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative 3Mers.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this RoleAs a Software Engineer, Tools Engineering, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Working with software development teams across 3M’s Health Care Business to develop solutions that meet or exceed our Customer’s needs
- Creating and integrating services that 3M’s development teams use to design, build, deliver and operate products and services at scale in the cloud
- Defining, evaluating, selecting and integrating internally developed and/or commercial solutions to increase efficiency and improve developer experience
- Leveraging product APIs to develop seamless integrations that enhance 3M’s state-of-the-art toolchain
- Ensure compliance with professional, quality and security standards while performing duties
- Complying with corporate policies and procedures while acting in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards
Your Skills and ExpertiseTo set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university
- High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in software development
- Five (5) years of experience as a software engineer using one or more modern object-oriented languages
- Five (5) years of experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products to include Jira, Jira Service Management, Opsgenie and Statuspage
- Experience developing Jira Service Management workflows
- Familiarity and experience working within agile frameworks like Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with modern version control and automation systems like GitHub and GitHub Actions
- Python, Java and ability to learn new languages
- Experience integrating internal and commercial products via product’s exposed API, Webhooks
- AWS Cloud
- SAML / OAUTH
Travel: Occasional travel may be requiredRelocation Assistance: May be authorized
Location: REMOTE USAMust be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for YouFor more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.