SummaryPosted: 29 Jul 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Apple Maps team is looking for a Software Dev in Maps. This role is a unique position combining strong software development and data analysis skills. They will be responsible for the creation and execution of overall test strategy by participating in Agile based development cycles of new map features. They will be the owner of a specific layer of map data and making decision for data quality. The right candidate will have experience working with large datasets in a production environment.
- 3-4 years minimum experience
- Solid understanding in GIS domain is helpful.
- Passionate about data and how data impact user experiences
- Like to code, and can mentor others for coding
- Can work and love to work very large amount of data
- Can work in a fast paced environment
- Deeply technical and proficient in at least one programming or scripting language (Java, Python, Scala, etc.)
- Proven database experience including the ability to construct complex sql queries
- Proficient in understanding multiple data formats and types, HIVE, SQL (mySQL, Oracle, etc), NOSQL (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc), JSON, Protocol Buffers
- Efficient and productive with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and documentation skills
- Extraordinary communication and relationship skills
- Maps data background or experience with spatial analytics a big plus
This individual’s main responsibility is to drive apple maps base maps quality. They will set up qualification pipeline, qualification criteria, identifying testing gaps, and delivering measurable test results. Their day to day activity includes participating in scrum meetings, analyzing spatial datasets, and reporting project status. This role is the ownership of the pipeline design that ensures quality in specific layers of maps data.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or higher in CS, geography or equivalent
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.