Job DescriptionRolls-Royce Solutions Liège (RRSL) is a subsidiary of Rolls-Royce Power Systems; a division of Rolls-Royce plc. Rolls-Royce provides world-class power solutions and complete life-cycle support under the product and solution brand mtu. Our mtu Kinetic PowerPacks support critical applications in a wide range of sectors such as data centres, critical process manufacturing, infrastructure and healthcare. While we are in the business of electrical uptime and availability, our people are at the heart of our business. In Rolls-Royce Solutions Liège (RRSL), we ensure reliable power protection.
For our office in Grace-Hollogne (Liège), Belgium, we are looking for:
Automation Engineer (Fulltime)The Automation Engineer is responsible for the automation of the mtu Kinetic PowerPack (PLC, HMI) on custom tailored projects. He assists in the implementation of automation software for a specific project regarding the control and communication of the mtu Kinetic PowerPack internally and with customer’s building management system. He also assures support to manufacturing and testing process and provides technical assistance during commissioning and to After Sales Services.
- Analyse automation specifications and requirements for the project.
- Starting from reference software provided by R&D department, define specific software solutions for the project.
- Realize the project specific software, communicates with electrical design department and implement the program before the factory acceptance test.
- Validate the software program during testing.
- Assure proper software implementation, validation and documentation.
- Collaborate with R&D Automation Engineer on new requirements on specific developments.
- Assist occasionally on customer’s site (worldwide) to support specific complex projects
- Give support to after sales service engineers and technicians
- Master’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant engineering branch
- A first experience in Automation is an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curious and eager to learn
- French with good knowledge of English
What we offer:
- A salary that is in line with market practice;
- Holiday pay; 20 vacation plus 8 RTT days on a full-time basis;
- End of year premium, collective bonus scheme;
- Good pension scheme and hospitalization insurance (+family) plus other benefits;
- Flexible working scheme, various training and development plans;
- A well-established international organization with wide development opportunities.
More about usOur core values unite us and are at the heart of everything that we do. We are trusted to deliver excellence. We act with integrity. We operate safely.
Our behaviours are shown in our business; We embrace agility. We are bold. We pursue collaboration. And we always seek simplicity.
Rolls-Royce Power Systems has its headquarters in Friedrichshafen, Germany. We are over 10,000 people worldwide. Under the mtu brand, we develop and produce high-speed engines and propulsion systems for ships and heavy land, rail and defense vehicles, as well as drive systems for use in the oil and gas industry and in power generation.
Can you relate to this great opportunity? Then apply with a short motivation letter & CV.