Job TitleSupplier Quality Engineer
Job DescriptionPhilips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
- Producing and completing Supplier Quality Engineering Activities and related documentation under direct supervision.
- Assist in Qualification of Parts, identification of supplier processes for CTQ’s, Supplier Process Control plans to ensure product quality; by authorizing, supplied parts meets specifications, and the control limits/tolerances for CTQ parameters are met.
- Assist in qualifying and sustaining sub-processes of supplier including supplier audit.
- Support R&D during product development by providing insights on manufacturability and integration and work as quality gatekeeper for all documentation delivered as part of supplier transfer activity.
- Provide Quality oversight of product/process change requests from suppliers, ensuring appropriate regulatory review and adequate validation to support requested changes.
- Drive supplier improvement via SQIP (Supplier Quality Improvement Plans)
- Lead Supplier Change Notice process with support from Engineering, Quality Engineering / Assurance, Regulatory, ME, R & D, Clinical, etc.
- Performing data analysis and reporting for Supplier Quality Performance Monitoring, assisting in the development of Quality processes relating to Supplier Quality Control’s. Conduct supplier audits and supplier qualification.
- Experience with CPK, APQP, MSA, FMEA, Process Capability Statistics in relation to Six Sigma, which is essentially process optimization, understands QSIT (Quality System Inspection Technique), serve as a Quality interface to suppliers supporting quality and productivity goals, proactively monitoring, measuring product/process quality, performance trends, and troubleshooting of production/release issues.
- Monitor DPPM, FPY, FDR, LAR, SCAR ageing and effectiveness and take appropriate actions to maintain them within acceptable limits.
- Supports Design for Excellence (DfX) collaboration between R&D and Suppliers
- Critical to Quality characteristics flow down to Suppliers, Supports Quality Engineering capability assessments of potential new suppliers.
- Support Supplier improvement and development on APQP.
- Supports with Additions/Changes/Deletion to Approved Supplier List, Analysis of defects for determining if supplier caused and then notified. Part Submission Warrant plans, deliverable s, line release and completion.
- Technical deep dive analysis to troubleshoot issues, carry out full root cause analysis and ensure preventive actions to avert the issues.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Electrical/Electronic Engineering/Mechanical
- Certified in ISO 13485: 2016 and /or 21CFR Part 820
- Certified IPC Specialist; has thorough knowledge of SMT process, electronic components, and electrical assemblies.
- 15 to 17 years’ experience in establishing and maintaining regulated Supplier Management Systems.
- Proven program management skills and must have handled supplier development projects
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience with delivering tools/methods for establishing QMS Quality Manuals and Intra-company Quality Agreements
- Change Management – ability to influence stakeholders in the value and benefit of the new processes
- Good communication skills written & verbal in English
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative working environments
- Experience addressing conflicts, escalation at team level to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated experience handling deadlines, able to focus on targets
- Demonstrated experience-driving progress, taking initiative to achieve results.
- Experience understanding of the process approach ‘End-to-End’
- Experience in leading process improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated capability in organizational Change Management and stakeholder influencing
- Excellent Supplier relationship management skills
- Proven record of accomplishment of developing suppliers and components.
- Implementing Lean methodologies at supplier end.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.