Job TitleSoftware Technologist II
Job DescriptionThis role provides an opportunity to
As a Software Technologist in the Solution Accelerator team, you’ll be involved and in charge of developing challenging SW modules in an Agile development environment, implementing complex services in the EDI Platform. You will be using state-of-the-art frameworks like Angular, React, .NET Core, Docker, K8S that run in a scalable cloud infrastructure.
You are responsible for
- A team player in Agile-based development as part of the Solution Accelerator SW group.
- Analyzing problems and prototyping solutions while understanding the market and our customers’ needs
- Develop cutting edge, scalable and high-performance products based on distributed, micro-services-based architecture
- Design and develop software components considering elasticity, scalability, reliability, interoperability, security, serviceability & networking needs on a public cloud
- Responsible for delivering SW modules and components in the needed quality, requirements are satisfied, and on time.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through study of the literature and technical contacts, to maintain the expertise in the specified area
- Promote trust, openness, and leverage external capabilities locally and globally.
- Continuously improve and learn new technology skills.
- Complying with regulations and product requirements.
- Lead and handle end-to-end development tasks, front end, and backend. (including code unit testing automation).
- Develop integration and APIs for 3rd party external systems.
- Is responsible for technical design in the development process of the software subsystems.
- Promoting knowledge, SW excellence, coding best practices, and modern tools within the team.
You are part ofSolution Accelerator team under Enterprise Diagnostic Informatics, Enterprise Diagnostic Informatics (EDI) is transforming from delivering individual products to a more integrated, customer-centric, and solutions-focused business.
Solution Accelerator is a central team created within EDI, with a mission of accelerating the transformation of ideas into tangible and meaningful solutions, with a smooth handover to the business within EDI or PD.
EDI Solutions Platform is a key enabler of this transformation and offers a cloud-first platform, that will enable PD Cluster and EDI business to transform, differentiate and gain competitive advantage by:
- Creating superior integrated informatics propositions for our customers by connecting multiple applications and capabilities.
- Providing a robust set of common services that can be leveraged by business categories.
- Shifting from ownership to usership - onboard once to enjoy a seamless, rapid, and flexible digital subscription to the capabilities you need.
- Unlocking the power of the cloud to become more agile, scalable, efficient, and cost-effective
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's academic degree in Computer Science / Software.
- Overall, 5-9 years of experience in software development with at least 3 years in C#/.NET.
- Experience & firm knowledge in software design concepts and design patterns.
- Experience in the system design and implementation of complex, multi-generation, SW products.
- Experience with Agile methodology, Tools, and Practices.
- Proven working experience in a global, multi-discipline environment.
- Preferable - Exposure to healthcare standards (HL7, IHE) and regulations
- Strong Investigation, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Independent working and self-learning capabilities.
- Team player and collaboration skills.
- Identifies key technical risks and develop mitigation and recovery plan.
- Experience in cloud services like AWS, Google, Azure is an advantage.
- Experience in developing RESTFul microservices using AWS is an advantage.
- Experience working with Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Linux Docker containers, cloud-based and modern CI/CD tools and pipelines is an advantage
- AWS certified developer/ AWS solution architect is an advantage.
In return, we offer you the following
Our benefits are very competitive and designed to your preferences!
- We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with extraordinary opportunities for you to explore.
- An extensive set of tools to drive your career, including a personal development budget, free training, and mentoring
- A competitive salary package, A variable bonus based on both Philips' results and personal performance.
- Competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule, and access to local well-being-focused activities.
- Opportunity to share the success you helped to create through Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the on our career website, where you can read stories from our . Once there,you can also learn about our , or find answers to some of the .