MT Højgaard Danmark is one of the Nordic region’s leading construction and civil engineering companies with customers in Denmark. We are currently working on several high profiled projects around Denmark. We are therefore seeking a skilled Project Manager, who wants to be a part of building technologically advanced and energy efficient buildings. This career opportunity is ideal for engineering professionals, who not only understand the complexities of large scaled projects, but also thrive with an exciting workday.
Areas of responsibility
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for safe, timely and profitable delivery of the entire construction project. Therefore, you must have excellent project management and organisational skills.
You will manage the project from start-up to completion and handover. Expect as part of everyday tasks to manage sub-contractors, engineering and operational staff and personnel on site and support the Senior Project Director in delivering the project to a superior quality completed on time and within budget.
Your primary tasks will be to
- Act as role model and sparring partner in the execution of our construction tasks
- Be able to communicate guidelines and goal settings for the organization through visible leadership
- Be able to inspire and motivate the organization to develop and grow new competencies
- Thrive with establishing and building upon relations with both investors and clients
- Show a great understanding for spend and operating costs, and take the responsibility to seek out best possible solutions together with our clients
- Provide progress updates to the Senior Project Director
- Oversee site staff and ensure that work is being carried out to meet with the client’s expectations within safety, quality, schedule and budget.
- Be involved in design meetings, and liaising with the design team when any issues arise
To be successful in this role
You must have a profound understanding of the requirements for a large-scale construction project combined with the ability to coordinate efficiently with architects, structural engineers, sub-contractors etc. We expect that you can manage costs and budgets on live construction projects and possess the ability to prioritise work and deliver on tight deadlines. You can communicate design development, scheduling, construction management, and project financial controls to a non-technical customer.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently
- You have a positive mind-set and the ability to motivate your co-workers
- You have excellent skills in both oral and written english
- You have excellent Project Manager skills
- You show a systematic and rational approach to problem solving
Working at MT Højgaard
MT Højgaard is an ambitious company and workplace. We place high demands on our employees, but we also offer great opportunities for personal development, and we create the framework to help you make your mark on both the company and the projects we create together. Our employees are given plenty of responsibility in an international environment.
If you would like further information about the position, please feel free to call Senior Project Director Peter Kjeldahl-Braad at +45 2270 9135.
We will assess the applications as we receive them and will start the interviewing process accordantly.
MT Højgaard Danmark is a leading construction and civil engineering company in Scandinavia. We create the space in which we live, work and move, and we have done so for 100 years. We insist on collaboration based on dialogue, curiosity, courage and enthusiasm. Meet us at mth.com.