Muncie, IN, US
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
- Ensuring the delivery of the manufacturing process/product audit objectives (when acting as the Lead Auditor), ensuring adequate preparation for the conduct of the audit criteria against the local audit plan
- Within the specific audit criteria for gathering of appropriate audit evidence, recommendations and thus preparing the audit and distributing the audit report and conducting the audit follow up
- For the evaluation of the audit evidence, non-conformities recommendations / opportunities for improvement and for the communication of subsequent recommendations, including risk identification to the BMS/QMS Manager;
- Provide planning and hosting of external 2nd and 3rd party audits including support to follow up activity support (e.g RCCA/NCR/OASIS) integrity management.
- Bachelor’s degree –OR- in lieu of degree, 3 years of experience in a quality assurance role.
- 1+ years of Quality auditing experience in a manufacturing environment (APQP) preferably aerospace/automotive
- Experiencing working with the principles of auditing as described in ISO 19011, NADCAP, and/or AS9100
- Demonstrable experience in Practical Problem Solving (PPS) and Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RCCA) Techniques in order to provide effective audit follow up /closure assessments
- Understanding of the content and application of the IAQG / EAQG ISO Standards and IAQG SCMH;
- Demonstrable domain knowledge of Aviation Regulators (EASA, FAA etc.) & contracted customer quality requirements
- An effective and clear communicator with experience in MS applications/tools;
- Work well under limited supervision and able to make fact based decisions
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.