A combined position as professor in clinical oncology (50%) and as consultant in clinical oncology (50%) is vacant at Center Lillebaelt Hospital, Department of Regional Health Research, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southern Denmark and at the Department of Clinical Oncology, Lillebaelt Hospital. The posts are considered as one entity.
The Department of Oncology focuses on both translational and clinical research. The new professor will be expected to play a leading role in the research in cooperation with the other professor and associate professors in the department.
Shared decision making holds high priority and an applicant with research interest in this field will be preferred.
The clinical professorship is limited to 5 years with possibility of prolongation.
The full job description can be obtained by e-mail to recruitment consultant Elisabeth Lohmann Andersen at
For further information concerning the position as clinical professor, please contact Rikke Leth-Larsen, Head of the Department of Regional Health Research ( /+45 6550 3913) or Jonna Skov Madsen, Center Director, Center of Research Lillebaelt Hospital, Department of Regional Health Research ( /+45 3050 7825).
Information concerning the position as consultant can be obtained from chief consultant Bente Thornfeldt Sørensen, Department of Oncology, Vejle Hospital (/+45 79406014).
The successful applicant for the clinical professor position will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the university.
Applications – including the required attachments – must be sent via the below-mentioned link “Apply online". Only online applications will be accepted. Attached files must be Adobe PDF or Word format. Each field in the application form can contain up to max. 10 Mb.
Only applications written in English will be accepted for evaluation.
The application must contain (as pdf.- or docx.-files):
• an application
• a detailed CV
• degree certificates (inclusive of Ph.D.-diploma)
• a complete and numbered list of publications
• 10 scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the candidate as most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or docx.-file must be attached for each publication.
• a teaching portfolio detailing the candidate’s prior teaching experience, teaching skills, and teaching philosophy
• as to the post as consultant: information on the applicant’s own skills as concerns "the seven roles of the physician" inclusive of supporting evidence.
• a research plan detailing the candidate’s ideas and plans for her/his future research work.
Incomplete applications with regard to the above-mentioned requirements will not be assessed.
Further particulars concerning the application - please see the link below.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Read the Guideline for applicants
15 august 2017